Join now - be part of our community!

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

Has anyone looked at which case if any, they would get for the S?

Looks like Sony is only doing the one, black leather (not really my colour ).  I've had a quick look around and found quite a few different makes, any thoughts?

This site has quite a few:

http://www.letstalktablets.com/best-cases-and-sleeves-for-your-sony-tablet-s/

81 REPLIES 81
PratishK
Visitor

just ordered this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Navitech-Genuine-Premium-Leather-Adjustable/dp/B005PX3I4W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8...

they will deliver after 18th October I think.

will let people know what it is like when I get it,

profile.country.GB.title
homer_j
Explorer

The Sony SGPCV1 is the case I'm after, but can't locate one anywhere in the uk; Sony have even removed it from their website!! Anyone got any ideas where they can be purchased?

Message was edited by: homer_j

Message was edited by: homer_j

PratishK
Visitor

put some photos and my thoughts on the Navitech case here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1314889

loving it so far...

mpattenden
New

Pratish,

Do you have the cradle?

How robust do you think it would bebe if you were taking it in and out every day?

Thanks for sharing anyway.

Regards

Padster

PratishK
Visitor

@mpattenden don't have the cradle, as the case now can be left open and in a "docked" position... but can not keep  it standing whist charging. lt can charge but has to lay flat .

I think the leather will loosen a little if you keep taking it out but the design seems to me to keep it quite secure. can keep you posted over the next few weeks, but I don't intend to take it out of the case now...

ritchieboy94
Visitor

iv found that the ipad cases fit perfect on the tablet well thats what im using just now becuase sony dont do enought good ones haha

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I, like PratishK, have the Navitech case. Extreemly pleased with it, especially for the price.

Design, in my option, is better than the Sony case being totally secure without the need for velco!

Only small gripe is that the remote control doesn't work without opening the top flap. There is a hole for the mic but I believe the IR data port is to the right of this. Will experiment and punch a further hole when exact location has been identified.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Dont experiement and ruin a case. 😉 Get a digital camera/camera phone and have it facing the edge and press buttons on the remote control app, you will then be able to see a purple glow from the IR and then know your spot. Just tried it now and the transmitter is to the left of the mic.

As for cases, I ditched the idea since I rather keep my Tablet slim so just opted for the screen protector which is not bad but I miss the gloss and just a 10" slip case from PC world.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

LOL, I am not entirely stupid! I did say “when exact location has been identified”, not punching holes at random. And I am well aware of how to identify the exact location! Left or right depends on where you are viewing it from....

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Ah ok, apologies. I guess it was my own mistake in the past that just prompted me to post up.