Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman app DNLA support

profile.country.en_GB.title
R7chardw
Visitor

Walkman app DNLA support

Hi,

I've got a Sony Tablet S.

I previously used the DNLA app to 'send' music stored on my QNAP NAS running Twonky server, to either my Sony SMP N200 Network TV box, or my Sony WIFI speaker (SA NS 300) (or both, in Party mode)

Now I've just loaded the new Android update, and you've replaced the DNLA app with the New Walkman app.

The DNLA app now just states "DNLA features are supported in Walkman"

Except they aren't.

I can browse music on my Twonky server, and play it locally on the Tablet's tiny speakers.

I can send music stored locally on my tablet to my other Sony devices.

But I CAN'T 'throw' music stored on my NAS to my other Sony devices.

It says "Feature not supported" when I try to do this.

THIS IS A MASSIVE BACKWARD STEP IN MY OPINION. You've just removed one of the major use-cases of the tablet and effectively rendered my WIFI speaker temporarily useless until I can find a 3rd party app that will work with my stuff. I wouldn't care but (except for the NAS) it's all SONY.

How do you hope to compete with SONOS or Apple Airplay if this is what you do ?

When will the Walkman app RESTORE THIS PREVIOUSLY AVAILABLE FEATURE ????

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi R7chardw,

Have you tried Network Audio Remote?

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Network+Audio&c=apps

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
to-tom
Visitor

Do you have a"throw" option in the top right hand cirner in walkman?

edchapm
New

I can throw in walkman tablet xperia Z to BDV n590 but only one track at a time; I just posted this elsewhere BDP-S390 thread) and hope for a fix. "The file is corrupted or the music file is not supported". This is closely followed by another message: "Disconnected from renderer compatible device." Very disappointing SONY, can I not play an album or playlist throwing from tablet to other Sony stuff...