Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 Tablet Stock Level Problem

SilverMerlin

Xperia Z2 Tablet Stock Level Problem

After being told that the Xperia Z2 32GB tablet is not going to starting delivering until the 14th April from the sonymobile website I decided to cancel my preorder and order from sony.co.uk. I did this as the tablet was in stock according to the website when I ordered and was estimated to be delivered a couple of days later. 

I understand this is very much what you might call a first world problem, there are far more serious things going on in the world,  and would not be too bothered if the tablet had shown as not being in stock or delayed when I ordered it but it clearly states that the tablet is in stock and was due for delivery.  Please see the screenshot from today (2nd April 2014) that shows what I mean. 

Please can you alter you website so that other know that the tablet is not in stock and is actually delayed as this is making a false claim about the products availability. I also wondered if anyone knows when the tablet will be delivered as I am going on holiday soon and will obviously need to be in to collect it or it could get sent back. Is it also going to be from the 14th April?

Screenshot_1.png

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi SilverMerlin and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input, I will pass it on.

I'm afraid I don't know what the delivery timescale is on these at the moment,

needless to say I suspect a little delay judging by what other members have posted on the forum.

SilverMerlin

Thanks, I am not what you might call a professional complainer.  I understand that there can be delays in production etc for a new product. But the website needs to make it clear that the product is not actually in stock at the point of sale, at the moment it does not do this and therefore the claim that it is in stock is not accurate. It needs to be flagged up to the consumer either where it is advertised or at some point on the ordering process. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I agree. :slight_smile:

I have escalated this so we will hopefully get a response in the next few days.

I say 'hopefully' lol.

SilverMerlin

Thanks Jumpsuit. The tablet looks brilliant and I can't wait to get it. Hopefully the stock issues will be resolved soon. I am just worried that I will not be here to collect the tablet and it will get sent back to Sony as I will be away for a week over the Easter holidays.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No problem :slight_smile:

I have had a look at one at it really is superb. :trophy:

I can see your quandary regarding delivery.

Have you tried contacting Customer Services since to pin them down on a date?

SilverMerlin

Thanks just contacted Sony Customer Services by email. If I hear anything back or my order status changes I will report it on this thread.

SilverMerlin

HI Jumpsuit, just checked the sony website it is now showing the 32GB Z2 as out of stock which is a good move by them. I just wish they had done this earlier as I cancelled my order with sonymobile that I made a couple of weeks back and reordered a couple of days ago with sony so I will be even further back in the queue. Anyway such is life!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

Let's hope they mail you back soon :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
atcde1

I purchased mine because I need an android table when I'm travelling abroad in May. Now I'm confused about the estimated delivery date I was given (24-25th April), and the message on the website that says there are delays. I guess I need to contact customer services too, to see if I need to make backup plans for my trip.