Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XA1 Screen issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Gjk7777
New

Sony XA1 Screen issue.

Has anyone found a fix to the common problem of the left and right side of the screen not responding to touch,after the Oreo update? I see Sony has washed their hands of the problem, I won't be buying anymore Sony products again.  

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @Gjk7777 

i've seen some "remedies" around the internet to fix this problem. it involves changing the keyboard? have you tried that one?

try to boot to safe mode, long tap power off option. and see if the problem still exists. if it does it is most likely a hardware problem, then you can have your device repaired at an authorized sony service center.

profile.country.GB.title
Gjk7777
New

Many thanks for your reply, there is no found fix for this issue, different keyboard etc, I have tried them all. What I don't like is that Sony hasn't helped with this issue. I am a minimum wage earner, and buying a Sony product which is a product I have to save for many months , a Company which I have trusted over the years, and I have never bought anything but Sony products, has let me down.  I bought the phone, after the update, not fit for purpose. The phone is out of warranty now. Sony will not and never care about my issue.  

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hey @Gjk7777 

that is unfortunate, but not unless a problem affects more and more people then a company wouldn't respond to the problem, it might be just they had a "bad batch" .. 

there is another way to remedy the problem, it involves updating the device to another software ,try to head on to XDA forums for more information.