Join now - be part of our community!

when will sony fix the camera ?

aboodmushtary
Visitor

when will sony fix the camera ?

so last week xperia x and xa were released in my country and to test the device i went to the showroom so i asked them for the device ( xperia X) to check the camera they gave me it was around 8 pm i hate to say its still bad the auto mode is just bad as the z5 and z3 in marshmallow my god it takes super bright pictures too much iso and exposure no details just bright pictures its like ur putting a flashligt on a painting 

i think people are experiencing this issues so i did research after the test first result from phonearena vs iphone proves my point xperia x failed horribly vs the iphones 12mp camera 

so sony will u ever fix the camera software ever or ull just disappoint ur customers on every mobile release 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@aboodmushtary

You will have to tell us which camera settings were you using, also check this out

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Xperia-Smartphone-Photography-Improve-your-smartphone/m-p/1124298#...

@Viridis any input? 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I would play with the settings, I have taken some quite nice shots, tbh I only use manual as it gives me the kind of control I need, but tbh auto isn't that bad either.
Follow the guide posted by @uliwooly and see how it measures up after.
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

DSC_4178.jpgDSC_4174.jpgeyeemfiltered1465693566873.jpg

aboodmushtary
Visitor

@uliwooly  before i tell u what settings i was using i am going to tell u a story

imagine a guy and his friend  walking in garden around 9pm which is low light area all of sudden the guy with xperia x see an amazing thing and he wants to capture in that exact moment or he will miss the moment but in order to take a good low light picture he has to open this guide given by sony have to set exact setting then take the picture but his friend with different brand takes the picture in auto mode and it comes out perfect while xperia x guy looses the moment he wanted to capture just because xperia x cannot take good low light and indoor light shots on AUTO MODE 

my settings were auto mode at 8pm

@viridis i have a real camera and a phone which has real manual mode to say that xperia x does not have a real manual mode its just iso, exposure which does not work and scenen mode

about your pictures any looser with xperia x or any other brand with good camera can take good daylight pictures xperia real disappointment is its low light shots and indoor light shots on auto mode 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@aboodmushtary

I disagree with you but hey, this is a user based forum, why don't you contact Sony directly with your feedback? >>> Local support it seems that you have posted similar posts on the Z3 and Z5's cameras. 

aboodmushtary
Visitor

i have similar post on z5 and z3 because they all are crappy after marshmallow update and of course ur gonna disagree i can proof that any looser can take good quality picture with xperia x in daylight 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

"......so i did research after the test first result from phonearena vs iphone proves my point xperia x failed horribly vs the iphones 12mp camera "

Icrap

IPhone 6s..

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/phonesamples/188-image/image_1/Sony-Xperia-X.jpg

Xperia x

Sorry but x urinates all over iphone