Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X freezing when fully charged

Starnett
Visitor

Xperia X freezing when fully charged

Hi,

Bought my Xperia X at the end of August this year. Brand new phone. It was fine for a few weeks but now has a habit of freezing when the phone completes its charge cycle. The led is always green and when I perform a soft reset the phone is at 100% charge. Doesn’t freeze during the day, only when plugged in using the original power adapter and lead.

I did delete some apps and games I wasn’t using and this did seem to settle things for a few days but it started again. I can’t charge it overnight anymore as my alarm won’t sound if I do as it freezes.

Has anyone else had this happen? I have not done a full reset yet as was hoping to avoid this if possible. I did use the Bluetooth transfer suggestion when I changed to this phone, had a Samsung S7 Edge before and did find a couple of Samsung apps on my phone bizarrely, which I have deleted.

Any advice appreciated.

Andy

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Starnettdoes the same thing happen in safe mode?

Starnett
Visitor

Unfortunately yes, doesn’t matter if in normal or safe mode. Just tried again in safe mode and this is the result:

Green LED and Frozen - soft reset needed to make it work again.Green LED and Frozen - soft reset needed to make it work again.

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Starnett, I am sorry to hear about this.

I recommend you try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will re-install Android so if this issue is software related this should fix it.

Starnett
Visitor

I've tried doing this tonight but the xperia companion doesn't work. It keeps crashing during doing a backup. I decided not to bother backing up in the end but when doing the software repair it failed.

Luckily my phone still booted up after disconnecting it from the PC. I thought it had bricked my phone to begin with. Really not happy with this situation at all.

CameronT
Champion

I am sorry to hear about that @Starnett Slightly_frowning_Face

If you are unable to complete the software repair, then I recommend you contact your Local support team for further assistance.

Starnett
Visitor

Hi. I managed to do a factory reset last night on the device itself. It did not freeze last night so I will see how it goes and contact Sony if I have any more issues. Thanks for your advice. 

AJones513
Visitor

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this problem? My phone started doing this last week and I'd hate to do a factory reset if it wouldn't solve the issue.

Joe321
Visitor

I also have this problem with Xperia X.

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does a soft reset is required to force a reststart.

Same syptoms - unresponsive after charging and then battery is at 100% after reset.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

The recipe is clear, isn't it?

Try a software repair with Xperia Companion.