Join now - be part of our community!

Cant find BT devices

Akikos
Visitor

Cant find BT devices

My Xenia XA does not find other devices when they are ready for Bluetooth. Any suggestions, please? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Jonas
Master

Hi @Akikos,

I'm sorry to hear about this.

Have you ever been able to connect a Bluetooth accessory to your phone, or did this occur after updating your phone or after installing a new application?

Make sure that you are in the Bluetooth menu of your phone (Settings > Bluetooth) and that the bluetooth devices are in pairing mode so the phone can see them.

If you still can't see them in the Bluetooth menu, I would recommend that you reboot your phone in safe mode to see if a third party application is the cause of this.

Let me know how it went! Slightly_smiling_Face

Akikos
Visitor

Thank you for your reply. 

This is my brand new Xperia XA. I had no problem connecting to other devices with my old Samsung using Bluetooth, so I know it is not because of other devices. I have other devices ready for Bluetooth connection, but Xperia XA does not find them.

Would you still recommend to reboot it?

What other things could I try???

Many thanks. 

Jonas
Master

Thanks for the update!

If you haven't rebooted your phone in safe mode, I would recommend that you start with doing so, to see if a third party application is the cause of the troubles!

While in safe mode you can also try the diagnostics test for Bluetooth and see if that fails, you find that test in Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Bluetooth.

Do you know if your Bluetooth accessories have NFC? If they do, you can try and pair them that way, and see if that works or not.

Make sure that NFC is enabled in Settings > More > NFC. The NFC detection area is located at the back of your phone, number 17 on the link below.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxa/userguide/Overview---TA/

Let me know how it went! Slightly_smiling_Face

Clippergoddess
Visitor

I have a brand new xa ultra and a brand new car and its not connecting what can I do please help I'm on a road trip
Akikos
Visitor

Hi there,

I have managed to connect using NFC with one of my devices. Many thanks! 

Not sure how to reboot using safe mode for the other one.

Akiko

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been out of office due to vacation.

@Clippergoddess, Make sure that your car is in pairing mode and that you are in the Bluetooth menu of your phone and that Bluetooth is turned on when trying to pair them, you will find the Bluetooth menu in Settings > Bluetooth.

@Akikonz, I'm glad to hear that you were able to pair them using NFC! Slightly_smiling_Face

To reboot your phone in safe mode, press the ON/OFF button until you see the "Power off" "Restart" menu on your phone, press and hold on "Power off" for 3 seconds, now you will see a new small window where it asks if you want to reboot your phone to safe mode, press OK and the phone will reboot to safe mode. To exit safe mode, simply restart your device.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly_smiling_Face