Join now - be part of our community!

Low wifi and mobile data signal

JP93
Visitor

Low wifi and mobile data signal

Hi there I got my Xperia XZ today and have updated it to the latest software. For some reason it can't get a strong wifi or mobile data signal whereas my old nexus 6p didn't have any problems with either. I have tried all different settings out of 4g/3g/2g but I'm pretty much only getting 1-2 bars on mobile data.

My battery is draining really fast and I believe it is because it is struggling to keep a strong connection, what can I do to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
CrisLange
Visitor

About battery draining, it's possibly due to background operations/synchronizations since it's a device just put to work and is probably syncing with your Google account data / apps data on cloud servers. Also, it will take a few days for the battery to achieve it's proper charge/discharge capacity.

Christofer
Champion

Hi @JP93, just found that you had created this topic. Slightly_smiling_Face

As I suggested in another reply to you, since you have another device that you are comparing with it would be interesting to know how strong the signal strength is and how it compares to the other device.

The signal strength can be seen in Settings > About phone > Status > SIM status.

KangYoon
Visitor

I come from a first generation Z to now XZ,

obviously both wifi and mobile data signal is weaker on the XZ