Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ3 Bluetooth won't find ANY available devices

profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

Xperia XZ3 Bluetooth won't find ANY available devices

The Bluetooth on my phone isn't finding ANY available devices at all. I only got this phone a couple of weeks ago but my previous handset, also an XZ3, had no Bluetooth problems at all.

I have tried;

- Turning my phone off and on

- Resetting network settings

- Turning Bluetooth off and on

- Forgetting previously saved devices (there was only one and I only connected to it for the first time last night)

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

Update - I've restarted my phone and it's now finding my Bluetooth speaker, but still not finding my headphones and earphones.

mick__
New

Hiya Greg, yes, it rather frustrating that Sony phones have trouble connecting Bluetooth devices... I have a couple of their phones too and I always have to delete previously connected devices and start all over again finding devices and connecting to them.  As you've said you've tried that already, it might be that the devices you're trying to find are actually 'hidden'... It's unlikely I know, but just a thought. 

profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

I've had Sony's for years and years though and never had a Bluetooth problem with any of them, including my previous phone which was also an XZ3. This one I have now is a replacement phone due to a totally unrelated fault with the previous one.

The devices it's not finding are headphones and earphones, so all they have is an on/off button and volume/skip track buttons, no button for visibility, plus these relatively new headphones connected more or less instantly with ease and no issues with my previous XZ3, as did my earphones which I've had for about 3 years now. All that leads me to believe headphones/earphones are always visible as standard? Either way, my XZ3 isn't finding them and that's while they're less than a metre apart.

I've also seen another tip somewhere to try getting the Bluetooth connection going by first trying with NFC, but there's no NFC symbol/point on my headphones or earphones. 
profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

Update - 'old' headphones connect absolutely fine. Current headphones and earphones still not even being 'found'.

profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

Update - in the 'About Phone' section in settings, right near the bottom is 'Bluetooth address' and instead of an address it says 'Unknown'. Could that help anyone to help me?!

profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

* Bluetooth address unavailable

...although 'Phone's Bluetooth address' + its address does appear in Bluetooth settings below where the list of available devices is.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

- Try the support app, find tests and test Bluetooth

- Follow the instructions here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets-mobile-phones/xperia-1/articles/001...

(applies to XZ3 as well)