Join now - be part of our community!

How can I change my HDR-AX2000 from NTSC to PAL

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IS.title
gsmari
Visitor

How can I change my HDR-AX2000 from NTSC to PAL

I have a Sony HDR-AX2000 that can only record at 24, 30, 60 fps, but I need to record at 25 fps.  Does anyone know a way to change this camera ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi gsmari, welcome to the Sony Forums

I guess your AX2000 must have come from either Japan or the US, because Sony (like all manufacturers) only make NTSC cameras for these markets. The HDR-AX2000e is the European version and records with PAL-compatible framerates.

I'm not aware of any camera that can record in both PAL and NTSC; there are physical restrictions to this after all, not least that PAL cameras use a slightly different format sensor to NTSC cameras.

Your best bet is to convert your NTSC footage (using Sony Vegas, Premiere etc) before outputting to your chosen medium.

Sorry I can't be of any more help

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi gsmari, welcome to the Sony Forums

I guess your AX2000 must have come from either Japan or the US, because Sony (like all manufacturers) only make NTSC cameras for these markets. The HDR-AX2000e is the European version and records with PAL-compatible framerates.

I'm not aware of any camera that can record in both PAL and NTSC; there are physical restrictions to this after all, not least that PAL cameras use a slightly different format sensor to NTSC cameras.

Your best bet is to convert your NTSC footage (using Sony Vegas, Premiere etc) before outputting to your chosen medium.

Sorry I can't be of any more help

Mick