Join now - be part of our community!

Ilink Problem Mac to sony dcr-trv17

profile.country.en_GB.title
cllongd
Visitor

Ilink Problem Mac to sony dcr-trv17

I am connecting a Imac to a Sony dcr-trv17 dv tape camcorder without success.I have a Firewire 800 on the mac to 4 pin at the camera end.I have tried all the usual remedies ,disconnecting, unplugging,etc,etc, I followed all that mac and sony have suggested but nothing works.I am using imovie11.The camera does not appear in the compatability list for imovie 11 but was on the list of imovie 6 i think. However I dont think that should be the problem.I am using a brand new ilink cable,when that did not work the company i bought it from sent me another one. The usb socket on the camera works fine to iphoto but that only works from the memory stick. Any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi cllongd, welcome to the Sony Forums

iLink connections can be a little temperamental. If you've been through all the usual Apple and Sony troubleshooting routines I can only offer some tips & tricks I've come across in the past.

Sometimes it can be as simple as a dirty iLink port, often on the camera. Blowing into it (better, a shortblast of comressed air) might clear some debris and, however cheap & dirty a fix, it has fixed this sort of issue for some people.

I've heard of certain recent Mac software updates causing device connection issues with FW800 ports, but this is a tough one to trace. Maybe soemone else has some experience of this..?

Finally, there is always the possibility that you have a 'blown' iLink port, caused by connecting/disconnecting while the camera is switched on, or just by sheer bad luck. I've done it myself :slight_frown: Firewire connections carry a charge which can be destructive if the plugs happen to misalign while being inserted. The check here is to try the camera with another computer, ideally one with a FW400 port to eliminate the bug I mentioned earlier. Try another FW-compatible device with the Mac. If either work normally, the ports are ok and it's a software issue. If one works but the other doesn't... well, you get the idea. They can be repaired but it's not a cheap fix, especially on the Mac.

I do trust & hope your ports are ok and we can hopefully find something less dramatic to get you up and running :cool:

Good luck

Mick