Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 lock screen feature

XperiaUie
Visitor

Xperia 5 lock screen feature

Hi

Does Xperia 5 phone have double tap gesture lock option to lock the screen instead of using the power button to lock the screen.

#xperia 5

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Unfortunately no.. 

Jonas
Master

Hi @XperiaUie, welcome to our forum!

This feature is not available in the Xperia 5 as @nolramlb wrote and was the feature was discontinued in 2017, so the last device that had it was the Xperia X Compact/Xperia X Performance.

I'm not sure if there are launchers available in the Google Play store that will enable this option or not since I always use the default launcher, but could be worth checking out.

I hope that answers your question!

profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

Xperia 1 Got it i guess xperia 5 too

@Jonas wrote:

Hi @XperiaUie, welcome to our forum!

This feature is not available in the Xperia 5 as @nolramlb wrote and was the feature was discontinued in 2017, so the last device that had it was the Xperia X Compact/Xperia X Performance.

I'm not sure if there are launchers available in the Google Play store that will enable this option or not since I always use the default launcher, but could be worth checking out.

I hope that answers your question!

Jonas
Master

Hi @Tyrone123,

Isn't it just tap to show lock screen that is available and not double tap to lock the screen? I have been through most of the settings and not found anything that will lock the screen when double tapping on it, just to wake it and show the lock screen.

I might have missed something though, haven't used the Xperia 5 for that long.