Join now - be part of our community!

how to reset the password in my sony action cam HDR-AS15

SOLVED
melovesushi
Explorer

how to reset the password in my sony action cam HDR-AS15

Hi,

i need to reset the password on my sony wi-fi since doing a firmware upgrade i cannot connect to my samsung s3 throught wi-fi, can it be done as the samsung keeps rejecting the original password?

also where can i get a spare battery tray for my NP-BG1 batteries?

thanking you in advance for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Melovesushi,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Have you tried deleting/forgetting the wifi network up on your Samsung S3 & setting the wifi connection up again.?

As far as I am aware if you connect your Action Cam to your PC via USB you can check the wifi SSID & Password by doing the following..

Start click on Computer..

In Computer click on the Action Cam..

Followed by Info, then WIFI In..

:question:

As to the spare battery tray I can't seem to find any stockists you could try contacting Sony Support to see if they can supply one - Contact Sony

If sony support can't help let us know & we'll see if we can get some further information on possibly stockists..

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Melovesushi,

Have you tried deleting/forgetting the wifi network up on your Samsung S3 & setting the wifi connection up again.?

As far as I am aware if you connect your Action Cam to your PC via USB you can check the wifi SSID & Password by doing the following..

:question:

As to the spare battery tray I can't seem to find any stockists you could try contacting Sony Support to see if they can supply one - Contact Sony

If sony support can't help let us know & we'll see if we can get some further information on possibly stockists..

melovesushi
Explorer

Thalamus  thank you, yes i have tried that, doesnt seem to recognise the password given in the info text document so i was wondering if anyone knew a way of resetting it, will try contacting sony in the morning

melovesushi
Explorer

type battery tray, just located one from a sony centre in tottenham court rd £39.99 for a piece of plastic.

i can buy 4 batteries for that !!!

melovesushi
Explorer

Wi-fi sorted, password was case sensitive:smiley yahoo:,, thank you Thalmus, if anyone does not use their G tray please let me know

thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@melovesushi wrote:

type battery tray, just located one from a sony centre in tottenham court rd £39.99 for a piece of plastic.

i can buy 4 batteries for that !!!

£39.99 does seem a expensive but it's often the case with some Sony parts, I remember the same thing with the stylus for the early readers..:smileyconfused:

You could always check Ebay or similar to see if there are any around, make sure you get the correct one though..:smileywink:

action.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@melovesushi wrote:

Wi-fi sorted, password was case sensitive:smiley yahoo:

Ah yes WIFI passwords are always case sensative..:smileywink: Glad you've manage to connect succesfully now & good luck with finding your battery tray..:smileyhappy:

I lost my paper and dont have my wifi password .
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ClaudiaGadelha,

profile.country.hu_HU.title
titanmanus
Explorer

Hi,

My AS15 micro usb port just broken out after 3 months of daily use (Sony refused to repair it within guarantee and repair cost would be much as a new cam). Is there any way to get my wifi password ? (WIFI_INF)?

Tnx