Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HDR-AZ1

nischu
New

Sony HDR-AZ1

so iv bought a HDR-AZ1 but the battery life is very bad, i contacted sony but they do not have any batteries that are more powerful.. has anyone stumbled upon batteries that would pack some more juice? or a dock that could charge said batteries?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi nischu,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

You could buy yourself a ACC-TRDCY which would get you an additional battery & a charger, the prices for online retailers seem to be under £30..

nischu
New

thats not gopnna cut it.. i think i have to buy a 4th battery and a charger that i found.. hope it will be enough.. thanks anyways.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, hope what you found helps if I does please share as it may be helpful to others with similar issues..

nischu
New

well my experience so far is that i use the Sony HDR-AZ1 as a helmet camera at work, i have it on 10second interval taking pictures and the battery lasts 2-2,5hours depending on the temperature.. that gives me roughly 5 hours of picture time but i work 10-12hours, i charge the camera during my lunchbreak and any other time we are doing "boring stuff".. but its still not enough, it only gives me an hour or so mroe time..

now i ordered a Sony BC-TRX which are sadly sold at an outrageous price in Finland (around 90euros), i will try if it can keep up with charging the other battery while im using the other one, otherwise ill have to buy a 4th battery.. if it can keep up i am happy and i wont need more batteries..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Let's hope the BC-TRX helps in your situation..