Join now - be part of our community!

85” Sony Bravia keeps dropping wifi

profile.country.GB.title
Snoozy402
Explorer

85” Sony Bravia keeps dropping wifi

I purchased an 85” Sony Bravia TV 3 weeks ago. Whilst I am watching films on Wi-fi the TV keeps disconnecting Wi-fi. I live in a big house with no near neighbours. We have a Tenda Wi-fi booster located next to the TV so the connection is excellent. All other Wi-fi enabled devices such as iPads and phones do not drop the Wi-fi connection despite being further away from the source that the TV. Is there an automatic timer set up to disconnect Wi-fi or is there an issue with my new TV? 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Snoozy402, 

Welcome to the community. 

I'll just try to find some answers for you. In the meantime, maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

This kind of problem is almost 90% caused by something wrong in the network that is really hard to analyze not being at your home. I would bypass everything by cabling the tv since the repeater is so close.

profile.country.GB.title
Snoozy402
Explorer

Thanks for the advice. When you say cabling the T.V do you mean putting an Ethernet cable from the TV to the virgin Wi-fi hub? 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Yes or if you cannot set up a couple of powerlink
profile.country.GB.title
Snoozy402
Explorer

Thanks. I have attached an Ethernet cable from the back of the tenda booster box to the TV so will see how it gets on tonight as I don’t have a long enough cable to attach it to the router directly. If that solves the problem does it indicate what the actual issue is with? I am concerned that if I want to add wireless devices to the TV at a later date they will suffer the same issue. Thanks so much for your advice. I will post again if the direct connection stops the TV dropping Wi-fi. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It is hard to say...there can lot of issues in the channel chosen or some drop in the line in some routers ...a wired connection is always the best solution
profile.country.GB.title
Snoozy402
Explorer

Thanks Rooobb. The wired connection to the tenda nova Wi-fi extender is allowing us to watch movies via Wi-fi. Thanks for your help..... Much appreciated.