Join now - be part of our community!

Android Recurring Reboot - Sony KD-49X8309C

profile.country.GB.title
nedders
Explorer

Android Recurring Reboot - Sony KD-49X8309C

So for some inexplicable reason, my utterly buggy Sony TV has gone into an endless reboot loop. No specific update I was aware of, just came home to find it rebooting repeatedly. Sony Support about as useful as a chocolate toilet, and the factory resets just won't work no matter how many times I try. Sony's stock line is "out of warranty, book a repair", which is disgusting given it's THEIR fault from THEIR faulty OS "upgrade". Does anyone have any answer to this? Or is this one of those Windows10/Old Laptop situations, where nobody takes the responsibility, and I'm £800 out of pocket buying a new (not Sony) TV?

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Hahaha what? Who are you? Imagine getting so worked up by somebody complaining against a multinational billion dollar company

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
mweatherstone
Explorer

sounds like the same problem I'm having with my KD-55X8509C (similar model number that was bought about 3 years ago too).

It's not the first issue that I've had with a Sony product so i guess more fool me for buying another.

profile.country.NL.title
trui04

I have the same problem. bought the tv 2,5 years ago.. 700 euro. now..nothing. nobody wants to help.  they say.. too bad for you.. then sony says.. I will send you an email with the solution... I got the email.. and am blown out... they say.. its broke. go to repair shop.. 300 euro and mayby it will work. or.. buy a new sony...

am I crazy...?

profile.country.GB.title
shrazaxz
New

what planet are you on.

I have the same model of TV and carried out the sofware upgrade. Since then , my SONY tv has failed to switch back on.

Had to bin the TV and get a LG one. Much better.