Join now - be part of our community!

Android Recurring Reboot - Sony KD-49X8309C

profile.country.GB.title
nedders
Explorer

Android Recurring Reboot - Sony KD-49X8309C

So for some inexplicable reason, my utterly buggy Sony TV has gone into an endless reboot loop. No specific update I was aware of, just came home to find it rebooting repeatedly. Sony Support about as useful as a chocolate toilet, and the factory resets just won't work no matter how many times I try. Sony's stock line is "out of warranty, book a repair", which is disgusting given it's THEIR fault from THEIR faulty OS "upgrade". Does anyone have any answer to this? Or is this one of those Windows10/Old Laptop situations, where nobody takes the responsibility, and I'm £800 out of pocket buying a new (not Sony) TV?

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Please see the following troubleshooter around Android TV's continuous reboot issue here.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
nedders
Explorer

Tried that so many times it was ridiculous. Unplugged everything, turned off wi-fi, but the system will simply not reset. It's a MASSIVE error on Sony's part and - for what it's worth - I hope everyone with this issue gives them absolute hell over it. You're talking about a TV that set me back £800 and even today on Amazon is still retailing for near £500, and Sony's shoulder-shrug attitude is despicable. 

Talked to local TV repair men and their basic answer is about replacing a motherboard, but parts + labour would be more than buying the TV new. Suffice to say, I'm 100% never going to buy a Sony TV (or Android one) again. I used to own so much Sony stuff, but the TV is now my last (and final) Sony product. Demise of a once-great company.

profile.country.GB.title
elmout

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with the same model for a few days.. The TV reboot during the android animation with the 4 circles.

What I have tried until now :

- Reset the TV with Power button + Vol down -> Got the green light for about 5 seconds and then come back to the start loop. I tried this many times, no change.

- Update the firmware through USB -> I downloaded the latest firmware available and copy it in 2 files with one named "upgrade_uploader.pkg" as suggested on many posts (it was the good way to make it recognized by the TV). I get the updating screen with the progress bar, when it ends I get a SONY logo for a couple of seconds, then it goes back to the updating screen again, and again, and again. After 3 times I stopped by unplugging the USB stick during the SONY logo. I started again the TV and the problem is still here.

- Reset again -> no change.

If anyone has an idea... I am desperate for it.

profile.country.GB.title
nedders
Explorer

Sony/Google have screwed up massively. They know it, won't admit it. 

profile.country.FI.title
erkkipj
Explorer

I will stay on Android 7 and have stopped the automatic updates for now. Until Sony has made the  better job.

profile.country.GB.title
elmout

Yes they screwed up, and they brick TVs since 28th June with the last crappy update. Almost 2 months and no one care.

profile.country.GB.title
nedders
Explorer

It's disgusting. This TV is the very last piece of Sony crap in my house, and it will absolutely be the last too. 

I have Samsung TV's going back a decade that still work. This thing is less than 3 years old and is just a large plastic brick, and Sony won't even acknowledge what they've done. Horrible company, terrible products, zero support.

profile.country.GB.title
elmout

Just have a look at the spare parts for this model on ebay, many power boards, many t-con boards, but no any motherboard. That tells a lot about this crap.

profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Exactly my situation. Sony are not accepting this as their fault. Keep emailing/calling them so they don't just ignore us