Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD43X8196

profile.country.GB.title
Ron.Coe
New

Bravia KD43X8196

My new Bravia TV emits a loud double beep every hour on the hour, even when it is in standby. I have turned off system sounds in settings but this is ineffective. I have contacted Sony service by telephone but the technician was totally unaware of the problem and unable to help. I have done a Factory Data Reset and still the beeps come on the hour. The TV is running software version PKG6.6545.0255EUA. Can anyone advise me how to turn this annoying beep off - it’s driving me crazy!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Ron.Coe,

Welcome to the community.

I'll look into this for you and see if I can find out. Someone else in the community may be able to advise in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I am not aware of any possible sound getting out of the tv while in standby...have you tried to unplug for more than a hour  to be sure it is actually the tv?

profile.country.GB.title
Ron.Coe
New

Hi. Many thanks for your reply. I did not understand it either. I have been unplugging the Tv when not in use for some time but beeping started as soon as I plugged it again. I had carried out a Factory Rest twice previous.y and on Sunday, 29 March I started that process again but did not complete the set up before unplugging the set. On the morning of Monday, 30 Marchi set the TV up and in addition to turning system sounds off I also changed the clock through 24 hours and 60 minutes and the date through 31 days and 12 months. When the set up was complete I was not greeted with the customary beep-beep and it has been absent ever since. So the problem may have been a glitch in the time and date setting. I can now enjoy my new TV to the full.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If it is now working it is good even if we'll never know why.. :wink: