Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia XH95: HDMI ports not working

profile.country.GB.title
TallEwan
Explorer

Bravia XH95: HDMI ports not working

Hi, I'm having issues with the HDMI ports on my SONY BRAVIA KD-49XH9505BU. 

For reference I have a Chromecast with Google TV, PS5, and Nintendo Switch plugged in.

When I initially setup the TV all was well, then a couple of months ago I stopped getting signal from the Switch on HDMI 3. Wasn't using it much so just kinda ignored it. Google TV stick was working fine on HDMI 1, and PS5 fine on HDMI 2.

Today I go to try the Switch again, still nothing on HDMI 3. So, I temporarily swapped it out onto HDMI 1. Nothing. and then when I switched Google TV back into HDMI 1...nothing. No signal. This was working 5 minutes ago, now its nor. Tried putting the PS5 into HDMI 1, its shows a mostly black imaged with occasional garbled image. Same happens on HDMI 3 and 4. 

So, basically what I have now is only HDMI 2 working, and only with PS5 and Google TV, not Switch. I've unplugged TV to force Android TV reboot, and performed factory reset. No progress.

Any advice? Or might the HDMI board be busted?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
TallEwan
Explorer

I have tried updating to the latest firmware, no luck. And I have just tried with my Macbook Pro. The Macbook can see the TV, the TV can see something is connected, but no picture is displayed. I can see the Macbook cycling between display modes, but never picture on the TV. This is across all 4 HDMI inputs and has now broken HDMI 2, the previously only working port. I don't get it. Any ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Settings/Watching TV/External Inputs/HDMI Signal Format/ Then switch ALL of the HDMI inputs to Enhanced.

If this works please mark as solved for the rest of the community and give me some Kudos!!👍😋💥

profile.country.GB.title
TallEwan
Explorer

Nah, not that I'm afraid. Already tried, still no image.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

New High Speed HDMI cables?

Or actually just do a full factory reset.

profile.country.GB.title
TallEwan
Explorer

Full factory reset done multiple times. Tried every HDMI cable I have including HDMI 2.1 cable which came with PS5. Devices and cables tested working on another monitor.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Mmm...well then report it to Sony and get it fixed under warranty...factory reset should have sorted it so it's deffo broke😢

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Are you sure your switch doesn't have any problem? From what you wrote it seems that whichever port you connect it to, than it is not working anymore....