Join now - be part of our community!

My kd85xg8596 stutters when using built-in Chromecast for streaming but when using a connected

profile.country.DK.title
kd85xg8596
Explorer

My kd85xg8596 stutters when using built-in Chromecast for streaming but when using a connected

Chromecast - Ultra: its smooth - it looks like the built-in doesn't switch between 50/60 Hz.

It doesn't matter if its FHD or UHD.

Its practically from every streaming service i've tried - HBO, Viaplay, Amazon Prime, Disney+.

Its the same with the Youtube app in the TV.

The TV says i'm using the latest update: 4.9.125

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Please check which picture preset are you using when casting compared to when using the firestick.

Btw why use casting or external device instead of the native apps?

profile.country.DK.title
kd85xg8596
Explorer

2nd question first: Because picture quality is always the best with the Chromecast Ultra without having to tinker back and forth.

Last summer Viaplay was streaming European Championships in football i UHD - and the ONLY way i could see it on the TV  was with the Chromecast Ultra, without microstutter every 5 seconds and stutter while panning.

Also, when I have friends coming over, who has another streaming service, we can watch it in the best possible quality.

1. Question: Preset:

I cannot use exactly the same, because the submenu i greyed out, but i would prefer Proff Cinema which works perfectly with the Ultra.

And yes i can reduce the stuttering artifacts, if i use the Standard preset, but then picture is just overall bad.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't know why you are losing time asking in here if you already have all tha answers... Internal Chromecand Chromecast ultra spot the same os with the same limitation regarding rate adaption so applying the same setting should result in the same result...but we are not able to get which setting you are using beside that you cannot use the same (and I have to admit I don't know why a profile should not be available on any for the same type f content)