Join now - be part of our community!

Alexa sound bar

profile.country.GB.title
Betsy12
Explorer

Alexa sound bar

Hi 

I have a Sony XG81 43 inch TV that is linked up and works well with my Amazon Alexa echo dot voice commands. 

I want to get a  Sony sound bar to got with the TV and Alexa ( Due to some health conditions i use amazon Alexa with a lot of appliances it really helps me ) Im finding it hard to work out how/what Sony sound bars work with Alexa.  

Im on a  low budget my question is. If i got a Sony sound bar that is compatible with my Sony  TV and sync them together via Bluetooth or Sony in TV syncing system will any sound bar that is synced let Alexa be able to change the volume on the sound bar like it would the TV ? 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Betsy12,

if I am not mistaken, any Soundbar which supports ARC and gets controlled by the TV should be able to be controlled via Alexa.

I though can't test this, since I am still using my old audio system and don't have any ARC soundbar.

It might work with the STR-DN1080 receiver of @r_a_n_i  who controls it via Google Home. Maybe he can confirm wether the usual volume command also adjusts the volume of the sound system when the receiver (or in your case soundbar) is on.

- Nic