Join now - be part of our community!

OSD no longer displays volume changes OR perhaps no longer a TV output displayed

profile.country.GB.title
gajenki49
Explorer

OSD no longer displays volume changes OR perhaps no longer a TV output displayed

Until yesterday I was able to see the volume level on the TV screen and if I changed sound mode it wouls tell me via the On Screen Display (as i have a closed TV cabinet so cant see the amp screen) so this is important for me otherwise it defeats the purpose of an enclosed tv unit.

I didnt change anything, in the morning it worked and in the evening it did not.

If i use the sky remote it adjust the volume and shows me the "home cinema volume" on the screen. However, if i use the Amp remote i see nothing on TV screen anymore.

The only recent change is I have moved house and internet has not yet been connected. I can't see this being the issue as it was working for the last 2 weeks (although only used twice in that time).

Before stating the obvious replies, yes the OSD is on in the menu (like i say nothing has been changed). Tried turning them off and on again, etc. Nothing in the manual or support documents. Must be missing something obvious.

I also notice it no longer displays a picture from the TV output on the Amp (when the tv is on the A/V channel the amp is connected to using ARC) like it does for the xbox input, etc. I am sure it used to but dont quote me on that. The HDMI setup is the same and cable in the TV out socket to the TV ARC socket.

With that being said it does show the on screen display volume notifications when on the Amp channel and using xbox, etc. So previously I must have been watching Sky via the amp channel on the TV......which means the real problem is why is their no longer a picture or sound displayed via this output.

I have just tried switching hdmi cables and rebooting everything by unplugging for a few mins. nothing worked.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
gajenki49
Explorer

Sorry, i should say it is a Sonyt STR-DN1080 AV reveiver and a Panasonic OLED TV, model shouldnt make a difference as per the settings as used to work fine.