Join now - be part of our community!

Playstation 5 console

profile.country.IE.title
garyfay
New

Playstation 5 console

Just posting this as i am totally disgusted at the way Sony distribute the Playstation 5, leaving people who have supported their products over the years, Suppliers in Dublin Ireland are only allowed to sell online with very limited stocks also their web sites crashed leaving many people disappointed also they say that Sony will not allow any of their playstation units to be sold in shop.

Shame on Sony pure greed and leaving so many children disappointed at Christmas just so they can create a publicity.

Gary F.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
stevie118
Explorer

Didn’t preorder so I’ve spent all morning looking for stock. Finally Amazon had some but every time I added to basket, it kept saying nothing was there. Bearing in mind Sony knew when it would be released, you would have thought it would have a decent amount of stock. I feel like smashing up my PS4 pro like they did to the photocopier in office space.

profile.country.IE.title
garyfay
New

This is all a con job by Sony to create a panic and sensationalism around the Playstation and we all fall for it every year, after Christmas there will be no issue getting one. 

it just shows the morals of these big corporations like Sony, 

Gary F.

profile.country.DK.title
Grevhund
New

Yes, it's become a standard, it's sad to see. I know Sony runs a massive business, but it can more or less only be for publicity' sake this is done. It simply can't have come as a surprise that millions of people want to tear PS5s down from the store shelves. 

No such thing as bad publicity, it seems. We will most likely still buy one, but come on, let's be able to it online at least! IN SCALPER-FREE WEBSTORES, PLEASE!!! 

I keep seeing these absolute swine who is using bots to buy whole stockpiles, 20, 30, 120 PS5s all in one shot, all for one man! That's insane, and SONY NEEDS to force their resellers/retailers to implement antibot soft or hardware, whatever to stop this! I can't believe how incompetent, disregarding, apathic etc SONY looks in these regards. If SONY can force the stores to only sell online, they can also force them inpliment antibot software, it simply can't be that hard, but then again, it show how little SONY cares, mindfucc the consumers and just keep acting like more or less nothing happens.

It's really a shame. 

I wouldn't be too dissapointed, the console is an absolute mess! 

See my issues below.

1. Demons Souls stuck on loading screen, had to restart console 5 times before I could get it to load.

2. Turned on PS5 and no longer displaying on hdmi 4 on my tv. Did the hard reset using power button and still did not display so switched to HDMI 3 and then it displayed. Had to reset Resolution on PS5 and then restart and then started to work.

3. Playing Spiderman Remastered, all of a sudden controller stops communicating with PS5. Thought it was controller so used a pin in reset button on back of controller but nothing. Then ps5 displayed screen saying to connect controller which I did by cable already but nothing. I then tried to restart PS5 by holding in the power button but the console would not turn off. In the end I had no other choice but to pull out mains cable. Then put mains back in and got a repairing data message and the a notice advising you should turn off using power button and not pull out mains but had no other choice. Console and controller then started working ok.

UPDATE 24/11/2020: Turned on console this morning after having the issue as stated above last night and HDR is not shown on my tv even though tv settings and PS5 are set up correctly and PS5 HDR settings are set to automatic. Had to reset tv and now hdr is working again.

4. Playstation 5 seems to be resetting its display settings, hdr turns off and as all display settings in PS5 were set to Automatic it is interacting with my tv and disabling the extended HDMI settings that should allow hdr, 120hz etc.

5. PS5 not recognising my Samsung QE65Q90R TV being 120hz, xbox series x and PC displays fine at 4k 120hz.

6. Quite often when I turn console on I have no audio, hsve to unplug hdmi on PS5 and plug back in again and then works. Just noticed HDR is now off again due to disconnecting and reconnecting hdmi lol.

7. Playing PS5 Spiderman Remastered and did a manual save, as it got to 100% it froze. Screen went black and then console went off. Then tried to restart but PS5 not being recognised on HDMI 4 on tv, switched to HDMI 2 and then PS5 displayed error screen which allowed me to report the issue. After reporting went to dashboard.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

This is the Sony Community for Sony Electronics and Mobile. I would advise getting in touch with the Sony PlayStation support team here for further help. 

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.IE.title
garyfay
New

Hi See below response from Sean in Sony community, in response to my comments in relation to not being able to purchase a Playstation 5.

What help can you give on this as i am totally lost at this stage on how to get one for this Christmas.

Regards,

Gary Fay edited[personal details removed]
This is the Sony Community for Sony Electronics and Mobile. I would advise getting in touch with the Sony PlayStation support team herefor further help.

Best wishes,

Sean

profile.country.GB.title
stevie118
Explorer

You only seem to be able get in contact with the playstation support team if you actually want help with your ps5. Chance would be a fine thing. Saw an article today that said it looks like Sony and Microsoft don't care about consumers as long as they are selling their respective consoles, possibly. Also I'm sure stores can limit the number of sales to 1 per customer and certain auction sites can ban all listings for consoles that are more than £100 more than the rrp. 

profile.country.GB.title
stevie118
Explorer

I had problems the the ps4 pro when I bought that with ratchet and clank. That was it though. You seem to have a long list.

You only seem to be able get in contact with the playstation support team if you actually want help with your ps5. Chance would be a fine thing. Saw an article today that said it looks like Sony and Microsoft don't care about consumers as long as they are selling their respective consoles, possibly. Also I'm sure stores can limit the number of sales to 1 per customer and certain auction sites can ban all listings for consoles that are more than £100 more than the rrp. 

profile.country.GB.title
stevie118
Explorer

My ps4 pro started with freezing problems but the problems will get ironed out. Very annoying  though. 

Tags (1)