Join now - be part of our community!

SONY UBP-X800M2 audio outputs

profile.country.US.title
rquinley
Explorer

SONY UBP-X800M2 audio outputs

The manual states:  "Digital Audio Output] [Auto]: Normally select this. Outputs audio signals according to the status of the connected devices" (Note: "devices" plural).

So, if I connect the DVD's HDMI OUT 1 jack (VIDEO/AUDIO) to one of my 4k AV receiver's HDMI IN jacks AND connect its DIGITAL OUT (COAXIAL) jack to my headphones' DIGITAL IN jack (RF headphones, no Bluetooth), and have both the AVR and headsets ON, will the DVD simultaneously send audio to both the AVR and the headphones? If not, is there another connection or DVD setting that can be made with the headsets' digital audio (Sennheiser recommends using digital instead of analog)? The manual is a bit unclear as to whether or not the DVD's HDMI OUT 2 jack (AUDIO ONLY) would (or could) simultaneously send audio thru this jack via an HDMI to Toslink adapter.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi rquinley,

Sound should be available on both outputs (HDMI & TOS-Link) simultanously.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.US.title
rquinley
Explorer

Thanks again, Peter. My apologies for asking the same question twice.

profile.country.US.title
rquinley
Explorer

Peter  -- FYI (and perhaps others?) Based upon your confirmation I hooked up the Roofull Audio Converter ($14.99, Amazon) to send the DVD's audio simultaneously to the AVR and the headsets using the DVD's two audio output jacks. Worked great, even with two different input types to the converter. Thanks again, Rich