Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar HT-MT500

profile.country.EE.title
TheChiefTrout

Soundbar HT-MT500

After some advice if possible.

Bought a HT-MT500 soundbar. Connected to an LG tv, LG43UH620V.

At the start it worked fine, sounds sync’d with tv etc. Am now having a few issues:

a. Soundbar no longer turns on automatically with tv

b. Takes an absolute age to turn on - message “Please Wait” keeps appearing for up to 5 minutes then soundbar turns itself off with message “Auto Standby” showing

c. If soundbar does finally turn itself on the sound does not match with tv

Appreciate any advice someone might be able to give.

Thanks

43 REPLIES 43
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hello and welcome to the Sony UK Community :slight_smile:

This should work without a problem. Can you provide a few more details such as connection method, input settings, etc? 

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.EE.title
TheChiefTrout

Hi,

Knew I left out some info! It is connected via an HDMI Cable.

Thanks,

Taff

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Taff, just getting back to this now.

I think I'm right in saying the MT500 doesn't offer HDMI ARC connection, which would allow two-way information between your set-up and the soundbar. 

Have you tried using the optical connection instead of HDMI? 

Mick

pedroq7
New

I'm having exactly the same problems. The only difference is that my television is also sony.
Did you solve your problem? I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get a sony agent fixed.

profile.country.EE.title
TheChiefTrout

I’ll try an optical lead but surely the type of lead you connect the soundbar to the tv with shouldn’t have any effect on the soundbar taking ages to turn on?

At the moment it take ages to turn on then almost straight away turns itself off!

profile.country.EE.title
TheChiefTrout

Haven’t solved the problem yet - at the moment it will not stay turned on. When I press the on button it take an absolute age with the message “Please wait” then turns itself of! Thinking of taking it back for a refund . . . . . . 

profile.country.GB.title
dblanc42

Hi,

My setup is similar, with a Sony TV, and was working all OK, until last week.

I now get the same issue, where the soundbar is slow to start, displaying "please wait", and will eventually "lock" to the TV input.

When it does, the sound is very "out of sync".

I have tried to display the home menu on the soundbar, but when selected, the Home screen will show the background "brown" picture, but no user interface.

mt500.jpg

profile.country.EE.title
TheChiefTrout

I am also getting te brown screen with no interface to home screen.

Going to try disconnecting all leads, turning off power then reconnect and see if anything changes - will hopefully get this done on the weekend.

profile.country.GB.title
dblanc42

Me too... This is what Sony have sent me, hope this helps :

- Unplug the soundbar from mains and plug it back in after 2 minutes

- Try plugging the soundbar in different HDMI port in the TV and check if the menu items will show.

If the menu has shown, please reset the soundbar settings as shown in page 63 in the manual below then connect it to “HDMI ARC” again:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/res/manuals/4687/46878103M.pdf

If the menus are still not showing, you may locate the nearest service centre on the following link in order to find all details related to the needed service:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Enter your postcode then select “Audio & video” from the “Filters”.

Please find the below terms and conditions of the warranty:  

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/warranty