Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar HT-MT500

profile.country.EE.title
TheChiefTrout

Soundbar HT-MT500

After some advice if possible.

Bought a HT-MT500 soundbar. Connected to an LG tv, LG43UH620V.

At the start it worked fine, sounds sync’d with tv etc. Am now having a few issues:

a. Soundbar no longer turns on automatically with tv

b. Takes an absolute age to turn on - message “Please Wait” keeps appearing for up to 5 minutes then soundbar turns itself off with message “Auto Standby” showing

c. If soundbar does finally turn itself on the sound does not match with tv

Appreciate any advice someone might be able to give.

Thanks

43 REPLIES 43
profile.country.GB.title
dblanc42

Thanks for confirming you too had the problem again.

I will have it repaired by John Lewis, and see from here. My rear speakers are Sony, so I am a little stuck.

Thanks for tip on the LG sound bar  will check it out. 

profile.country.GB.title
dblanc42

Hmm... Looking like this bar will not last on its second repair  

Thanks for your update too. 

profile.country.GB.title
Snowdrop22
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
Snowdrop22
Explorer

Exactly the same problems as you. 

Think It's going to back to John Lewis under warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
Snowdrop22
Explorer

Yep, sounds like there are some big issues here. Take it back for a refund.

profile.country.GB.title
dblanc42

John Lewis have a good support team. They have collected it free of charge under warranty, now waiting to hear back.

Unfortunately no refund possible, as they have to first repair/attempt to repair it. 

I'll keep you posted. 

Good luck with yours. 

profile.country.GB.title
dblanc42

The soundbar could not be repaired, so John Lewis sent a brand new one . They would not give me the money back or swap for another brand... So we will see if this one lasts more than 6months 

Diffster
New

Same for me - stopped working 1 month old, new board fitted, then stopped again around 11 months old- tried all the above setup / reset - which you can't get to...  Basically it is a 'not fit for purpose' product and has some design flaws Sony can only fix by replacing hardware.  Seriously unimpressed.  

profile.country.GB.title
dblanc42

well, here we go... 14 months and the soundbar stopped working once more. That is 3 units and all died young.

Sony told me that because it is outside of warranty, they will not do anything... I am trying to get them to recognise the sub-par design and that it was not fit for purpose.

Now looking for a new alternative, NOT by Sony 😞 

profile.country.GB.title
Ck1111
New

Hello

I have the same problem but I am not in the warranty period, unfortunately. The problem started to occur about 1,5 years after purchase. Do you know how much will sony chare for repair and if it's worth it?