Join now - be part of our community!

Missing files in SD card

SOLVED
xCard
Visitor

Missing files in SD card

I put my SD card in to a tablet to copy mp3 files, then I put it back to my phone(xperia M) it works for a while with no sign of problem. The phone was turned off because it was already low in battery and when I turned it on I can no longer locate my files and when I checked my SD card in file manager all I see was a weird file names that cannot be opened. Is my SD card infected by a virus? Or there is something wrong with my phone or the SD card itself? Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Probably by inserting it in two different devices with a different reading/writing speed,it might have had some glitches.I do not think it is the phone.You could try and move 1-2 songs,see if that appears again.

alexdon

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Probably during the copying process if the phone turned off,it affected the files.

alexdon
xCard
Visitor

I apologize for the confusion. Actually it was perfectly fine after I copied the files from my tab, I went out with my friends while playing the mp3 files using my phone for a couple of hours with no problem and even the videos were fine. It all disappeared after I charged it and turned on the phone, all I see was weird filenames.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Let me see if I understand, you were using the SD card on another device, how did you unmount the SD card? did you just pulled it out? if you did that explain this issue 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Strange,and the files are no more there?Can you find all those strange names in a folder called LOST.DIR in internal memory or sd card?

alexdon
xCard
Visitor

Yes I was using a different device to copy a file and I unmounted the SD card in a proper way. There was an option from my tab to properly unmount the SD card before pulling it out.

xCard
Visitor

all that's left was wierd filenames that cannot be opened. To my confusion i deleted those files and i was afraid it might be a viruse that could harm my phone. I just checked LOST.DIR it's empty.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

They are still shown in walkman or movies app?Or they are gone now?I think it might have been a small glitch or a problem with the card.

alexdon
xCard
Visitor

They're no longer in walkman or movies apps. That's what I'm thinking also that hopefully it's only the SD card problem, not my phone  Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Probably by inserting it in two different devices with a different reading/writing speed,it might have had some glitches.I do not think it is the phone.You could try and move 1-2 songs,see if that appears again.

alexdon