Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-19BX200/RM-ED037 TV remote failed after "2011 digital change over" message appeared

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mike_Dodd
Visitor

KDL-19BX200/RM-ED037 TV remote failed after "2011 digital change over" message appeared

Good afternoon,

I have just bought a BRAVIA KDL-19BX200 TV that includes a RM-ED037 remote control.  Everything worked find for first week, but then following a big black box message about the digital change over in 2011, the remote control locked up.  At first the remote control would work correctly between switching the TV on and the appearance of the black box message 5-10 seconds later.  Provided I select MENU before the black box message appeared, I was able to keep control of the TV within setup.  Once I left setup, the remote control would perform one more action and then be locked up once more. While in setup, I disabling the automatic updates and did an update manually using the RF update option, thinking that this was related to the black box message that kept appearing.

Obviously this update was a bad idea, because now, although the black box message about the digitial change over in 2011 has stopped appearing (yipee), the remote control has no influence on the TV at all !

During power-up, the green light does a steady one Hz blink for six or so seconds.  Pressing any remote control button during this period shows up as the green light flickering at about ten Hz while a the button is held down.  This response implies that not only is the remote control generating a signal, but it is generating a meaningful signal that the TV is responding to.  Once the screen comes live, this response disappears and the remote control is completly ignore once again.

Can anyone suggest any further action other than to return the product to the supplier ?

Yours,

Mike Dodd.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mike_Dodd
Visitor

Sadly, the only solution was to return the unit.  Amazon were excellent about this and refunded the whole purchase price.  I have replaced the Bravia with a Samsung P2270HD which looks and sounds very good too.