Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BRAVIA Internet Video stopped working April 2012

profile.country.en_GB.title
namerri67
Visitor

Sony BRAVIA Internet Video stopped working April 2012

Hiya, I have noticed between Sunday Night and Monday evening our Internet video has stopped working (Oxfordshire area) - instead showing the following sequence: 'Connecting to Internet video service...' - 'Authenticating' - acquiring Internet content' - and finally either 'Configuration failed while acquiring Internet connection 5007 please try again later' Or Internet content is ready. Press HOME to display the menu'. So neither is bringing up any of the Internet videos including our subscription to Lovefilm etc. Pressing HOME is un-useful as that's what we press to access the Internet video anyway so I keep going around in circles 😞 TV is defiantly connected to Internet with strong signal. Can this be fixed!?! Many thanks in advance for your help.

8 REPLIES 8
sully1311
Explorer

My parents TV had the same problem last week. Remember all your picture settings and factory reset your tv.

NeilMaps
Visitor

Hi, this weekend I have exactly the problem you outline above. Did you manage to fix the issue? I see someone adivsed factory resetting ... I've no idea how to do that ... did it work for you?

I am really hoping you read this! Thank you

profile.country.pl_PL.title
digeetal
Visitor

Some people in Poland have the same problem. Polish internet channels disappeared last week in Friday. In my case I have only some german and US channels, but all polish are gone...

I haven't updated my software in my home cinema nor changed my ISP...

This is really ridiculous as I see in UK this happened a month ago and they haven't fixed it yet... SONY support helpdesk does not know anything about this problem and they only say it's ISP related issue...

I think because SONY is in real financial trouble - they stopped caring about quality and they act like they want to sell as much as possible, but later give no support to their users... I think I'll never buy anything from them in the future... SAMSUNG looks more innovative and is cheaper than SONY, so in the future the choice is simple

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Did you read the answer I posted in that same thread?  Nothing to do with Sony.

Its a Geo-filtering issue likely caused by your ISP have purchased a new tranche of IP addresses. Switch your modem off for 5 mins or call your ISP and ask them to refresh your IP address and the Polish services will re-appear.

Thanks

mrspingu
Visitor

Hi Catmambo

I too have the above problem. I have tried your advice and it makes no difference. Also, if it is a problem with my ISP and my IP address, then why can I still connect to the internet via my laptop?

Thanks

ian7591
Visitor

Hi Folks,

I have had a similar problem for weeks, my BDP-S380 will only access the internet video service in the mornings and early afternoon until approximately 14:00 BST.  I have tried everything, resetting and rebooting the router, resetting the BDP to the factory settings, power cycling everything, reserving IP addresses but still no joy.  The BDP still accesses the internet because the Gracenotes service works for CD's and DVD's, I just cant access the internet video service servers.  A colleague at works suggests it may because the servers are in Japan?  Can anyone help.

Thanks

shirleyhart
Explorer

Hi Have a Sony Bravia 32EX403 and it says I have no internet connection.Error 2200  Just spoken to  Sony helpline and they suggested not being wireless- That's the reason I bought the TV .Missing BBC iplayer

I've tried everything else- all thoughts on a postcard

ajb521
Visitor

Hello, had the same problem (Connecting to Internet video service...' - 'Authenticating' - acquiring Internet content') and factory reset worked.Thanks