Join now - be part of our community!

streaming

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
surgeon007
Visitor

streaming

Hiya, i am having great difficulty working out how to stream movies from my laptop to my sony bravia tv.

has anyone succeeded in doing this. I have been told that it only works with windows media player 9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ballcocks
Explorer

I run XP on my laptop and am using PS3 Media server

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/

I found that long files names dont work so you often have to rename your video files.

Also I had to edit the BraviaEx.conf file for it to recognise my TV as follows

UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+EX5)|(BRAVIA KDL.+EX7)|(BRAVIA KDL.+NX7)|(BRAVIA KDL-37EX403)

Just added the last bit. All work a treat! And free!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slowtrain
Visitor

Hi surgeon

I put a post on this subject last week. I've copied it here for you.

How to connect your Bravia TV to yoour PC to play media files

Hi All

This seems to be  quite a popular question since I joined the discussions. So I thought  I'd share my limted knowledge on the subject.

If your Bravia TV features DLNA you can quite succesfully play all your media files from your pc on the TV.

You  should have your TV connected to your BB router. I'm lucky as my router  is next to the TV and I just have a short LAN cable connecting  to it.  But you can use HomePlugs or the correct Sony wireless adaptor if the  router is in another room.

Next install mezzmo, there is a free trial period you can download to see if it works.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/default.asp

Installation  time can vary as it scans your pc for all your media files ready to be  used. If you have any ATRAC music files you may want to convert them to  MP3 as far as I can see this fle type is not supported.

As the installation continues it will recogise the TV if it's turned and if you have one your PS3 which also should be on.

When  installtion completes go to your TV press Home on the remote and  navigate to the photo or music or video. You should see the mezzmo  arrows logo and from there you can go to each of the folders that appear  as they are on your pc and play them.

I've also discovered that you can turn on your PC using the favourites key on your TV remote.

Good luck to all who try this.

profile.country.it_IT.title
ALBE72
Visitor

Hi Surgeon (and sorry for my english...I'm writing from italy)

I have a sony nx700...for display videos on my TV via PC using wifi connection and DLNA, I have installed on my PC Wild Media Server...if you are using windows 7 also WMP12  can help you ( but not WMP11)...

I am happy to share media files (video, music and photos) using Wild Media Server. It works very well

Ciao

Albe72

Ballcocks
Explorer

I run XP on my laptop and am using PS3 Media server

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/

I found that long files names dont work so you often have to rename your video files.

Also I had to edit the BraviaEx.conf file for it to recognise my TV as follows

UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+EX5)|(BRAVIA KDL.+EX7)|(BRAVIA KDL.+NX7)|(BRAVIA KDL-37EX403)

Just added the last bit. All work a treat! And free!