Join now - be part of our community!

HAVING ROUBLE FINDING OUT WHAT DISC TO USE FOR CREATING RECOVERY DISC

HAVING ROUBLE FINDING OUT WHAT DISC TO USE FOR CREATING RECOVERY DISC

Hi I just bought a laptop VNNR38E/s and reading the book its telling me to create recovery disc but doesn't say what disc to use. I have been online and only just registered. Could anyone help me by telling me what discs I can use?
Any advice much appreciated. :thinking:

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there and welcome to Club Vaio

You need some dvd discs to create your recovery discs. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_IE.title
sonypass33
Visitor

The recovery discs are very important. Do yourself a favour and buy good quality discs that can be stored in their own jewel cases as you can only burn the one set.

kodlum
Visitor

The recovery discs are very important. Do yourself a favour and buy good quality discs that can be stored in their own jewel cases as you can only burn the one set.

I got round that by doing disk copies as any disk can go bad.
The first disks I tried were Sony brand and the writer in my VAIO did not like them at all :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
vijsingh
Visitor

I've made 4 sets of recovery disks using Vaio Recovery Center :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi little red riding hood and welcome.

Use good quality DVD-R or DVD+R discs. Rewritable discs do not work and I would avoid double-layer discs.

Try TDK, Sony, Verbatim or another well known quality brand.

:wink:

Hi thanks for welcome and all your advice. Just a couple of things. Would either DVD-R or DVD+R work and how many discs do I need to make a recovery set?

profile.country.en_IE.title
sonypass33
Visitor

The newer VAIO's need 3 single layer DVD's for the full set

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi little red riding hood,

I usually use TDK DVD +R when creating recovery disc's..