Join now - be part of our community!

How do I open up my VGN-BX296?

Yonez
Visitor

How do I open up my VGN-BX296?

I want to get inside it so I can give the fan a clean, it's labouring a bit and getting a bit hot, so I want to check it's not just a build-up of dust before I send it to get repaired.

Unforunately, I don't really know how to get into this particular laptop. A few guides I've found dotted around the internet seem to suggest there's a few catches or screws under the part behind the keyboard for similar laptops, but I can't see where on mine.

Any help appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Yonez and welcome to Club Vaio.

If you give me an email address, I will send you the full VGN-BX user manual.

I can only send it by email as it is 2.5GB and too large to attach to this post.

:wink:

Yonez
Visitor

Hi Yonez and welcome to Club Vaio.

If you give me an email address, I will send you the full VGN-BX user manual.

I can only send it by email as it is 2.5GB and too large to attach to this post.

That would be wonderful, thank you! BTW, is this something I should have a hard copy of? I got the box down from the attic but couldn't find anything, I guess I might have misplaced it though. :slight_frown:

I'll PM you with my email now!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Yonez,

It looks like the PM part of this forum has a fault.

Either wait until it is fixed or post your email here and I will remove it after I have sent the manual.

This is the Sony disassembly manual and you won't have been given a copy with your Vaio.

Yonez
Visitor

Ok, my email is

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What I'd like to ask, though, is whether it's possible to split the file into separate RAR files (or similar)? Maybe ten or so. Just in case my connection decides to cut out when there's 100mb to go! Not a problem if you can't do that though.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sending it now.

It should be OK as the 2.5GB was a typo. The .pdf is 2.5MB!!

:smileyd_oh:

Yonez
Visitor

Ha ha, thank God for that. I was wondering how on Earth you'd manage to get a manual to that kind of size. 2.5mb is far more manageable! :laughing: