Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO NR 32MS wont turn on anymore....

Glenbear
Visitor

Sony VAIO NR 32MS wont turn on anymore....

Had no probelms with the laptop till yesterday evening, was working fine in the morning but when i tired to turn it on in the evening nothing would happen. The power button is green and i can hear the fan start up but nothing shows up on screen. I connnected laptop to a different screen and still nothing. Tried all the suggestions in the manual can anyone help? also does anyone know if send it back will i lose everything off my hard drive? :thinking:

5 REPLIES 5
gokhanakca
Visitor

Dont worry.it can be.have good days with vaio

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Glenbear and welcome to the forum.

This doesn’t sound good, but as a last ditch attempt try the following suggestions from Vaio-Link:

1 Press and hold down the power button for more than four seconds until the power light indicator goes out. Then turn on again.

2 If the computer screen still stays blank, unplug the AC adaptor, remove the battery pack, and leave the computer for about a minute. Then reinstall the battery pack, plug in the AC adaptor and turn on the computer again.

If the above has no effect then you will need to contact support.

There is a strong possibility that you will lose all data on the C drive unless you A) remove the drive and place it in a USB caddy to make a backup of data to another machine before returning the unit, or B) request that support do not format the drive (not 100% reliable…).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Glenbear
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, tired what you suggested yesteday and still no luck. I will phone tomorrow and see what they suggest. Thanks again

Glenbear
Visitor

Just one more question if I remove the drive and place it in a USB caddy to make a backup of data to another machine before returning the unit will this affect my warrenty?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Just one more question if I remove the drive and place it in a USB caddy to make a backup of data to another machine before returning the unit will this affect my warrenty?

I cannot be authoritative on this, but I see nor reason why removing the drive and then replacing it should have any bearing on warranty. Unless of course you cause damage to the unit in the process, which is most unlikely as long as you observe the usual rules on 'grounding' before accessing/removing the HDD.

Also remember to disconnect AC power and remove the battery before detaching the HDD...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat