Join now - be part of our community!

head unit/cd changer

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bobcwf
Visitor

head unit/cd changer

what cd cangers are compatable with a WX-C570R as a head unit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi bobcwf,

The CDX-656 is one of the newer varirty of CD changers with the sony BUS connector and the phono audio connectors, so I reckon this should do nicely! :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Drumzman
New

Hi bobcwf,

You should be OK with any of the later generation CD changers - by later generation that would be anything that was connected to the head unit with phono plugs for audio and with a data connection cable that Sony used to call unilink I think.  Prior to this, the old A series CD changers used a round multi-pin DIN connector lead only (that did both audio and control functions) - this would not be compatible.

If you've got a CD changer model number in mind, I might know which category this falls into and therefore whether it would work with your head unit or not.

Hope that helps?

bobcwf
Visitor

Hi,

thanx for the reply been offered a sony 656 unit will that be ok?

Drumzman
New

Hi bobcwf,

The CDX-656 is one of the newer varirty of CD changers with the sony BUS connector and the phono audio connectors, so I reckon this should do nicely! :slight_smile:

bobcwf
Visitor

once again thanx for info

tazbirl
New

hi i have a sony cdx-r450 head unit and want to know which cd changers would be compatible with it???

profile.country.GB.title
SloopJ
Explorer

I have the same problem, my head unit was stolen from my vehicle and I’ve been looking for a replacement. There’s loads of Sony front panels on EBay, but I’d like to know which front panel would be suitable for my Sony cdx-gt530ui.mp3

Piscie
Community Team

Hi @SloopJ, have you checked EET for spare parts? On 01932226677 or https://www.youritdelivered.com/contact-us/