Join now - be part of our community!

Connection with PC issues

SOLVED
Chendy
Visitor

Connection with PC issues

I am having issues that my device will not appear when plugged into my computer.

I have tried 3 different machines (2 running Windows 7 & 1 running windows 😎 and 5 different USB cables (Including the one provided).

When I plug it in it does nothing, if I restart when it comes back on the tablet it will show that it is connected to a PC but when I try and do anything with it it will will not let me do anything.

I have factory reset it 3 times 1 using the tablet and twice using the Sony Update Service software.

After I use the software I am able to see the device on my machine but if I unplug it and plug it back in again nothing.

Help would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chendy
Visitor

I tried installing the drivers that way and it still did not work, in the end I managed to get this sorted by installing a 3rd party application called Flashtool that is an applications to unlock the bootload, within this application was an app that would automatically instal any sony drivers and this seemed to do the trick.

Nothing from sony worked I tried many way and it was having none of it

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Prasadm1
Visitor

Could you please check under settings, xperia, usb settings what is enabled? in my case it is set to mtp. Maybe you could toggle that setting and check.. But what is not very clear from what you mentioned, "After I use the software......" what software is used? when you see the device, can you see the drives and able to transfer files?
Chendy
Visitor

It was the same software as mentioned in the post "using the Sony Update Service software"

I toggled both options available in the USB settings and it makes no difference

I can't see any drives at all on the PC nothing appears, the only thing I see is sometimes I get the little yellow popup in the bottom right hand corner saying 'unknown device connected'

Sam
Legend
Legend

To solve the issue, open Device Manager on your computer to reinstall the driver for your device while your device is connected with your PC via a USB cable.

Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 users

To open Device manager on your computer

Click on the Start button. 
In the Search box, type device manager, and then press enter. 

Microsoft Windows 8 users

Click the Desktop Tile to open the Desktop. 
Click >> at the bottom right of the taskbar. 
Select Control Panel from the Menu. 
Select Device Manager from the list of control panel items.
Note: If you do not see the screen with the Device Manager option, click the View by drop-down menu and select Small icons.

Microsoft Windows XP and 2000 users

On the desktop, right-click on My Computer and click Properties. 
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. 
In the Hardware, tab click the Device Manager button.

To reinstall the drivers for your device

Scroll down to the Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB section) of the Device Manager window. 
Look for an MTP Device: Media Device, Unknown Device or any other reference to your phone. Click on this entry and choose "Uninstall" whilst leaving the device connected. 
Wait a few minutes, and the computer will reinstall the drivers for the device.
Now, the phone is accessible via Computer/My Computer on your computer.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Chendy
Visitor

I tried installing the drivers that way and it still did not work, in the end I managed to get this sorted by installing a 3rd party application called Flashtool that is an applications to unlock the bootload, within this application was an app that would automatically instal any sony drivers and this seemed to do the trick.

Nothing from sony worked I tried many way and it was having none of it