Join now - be part of our community!

experia z tablet won't load websites...

SOLVED
Devo
Visitor

experia z tablet won't load websites...

my z tablet won't load websites. Wifi is good, updates and mail are happening, but when i go to google and select a website, the  tab comes up showing what ive clicked on, but the page is blank. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

That really depends on the Google Chrome application, however I do not believe this will happen again.

I am glad you resolved the issue Grinning_Face

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi Devo,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

With the information provided, I can advise that this is likely related to Google Chrome. I suggest you try the following.

Menu > Settings > Apps > All > Google Chrome > Clear Data.

Now try use the application.

I hope this helps.

Devo
Visitor

thanks for the reply. Will try it now...

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Any time, let us know how you get on.

Devo
Visitor

google chrome isn't listed in the apps list in settings>apps.

alexrx
Enthusiast

@Devo,

Are you sure?

Have you tried to go to: Settings > Apps ( Downloaded - Running - All ) > your target is All > Google Chrome.

Devo
Visitor

just to be clear, I can load google, tpye in a search, then get the results screen, but when I click on the result I want, the tab comes up, the loading wheel turrns, and the little coloured representation of the desired website appears on the tab, but the body of the tab that should be the website is blank, white.

Devo
Visitor

Im certain. I don't have an "all" option. Downloaded and running (which is fadded out and can't be tapped) is all there is at the top of the list.

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

I understand the query, and can clarify this is a Google Chrome based issue.

When you are within Apps make sure you swipe to the left, up the top you will see Download, which will then change to Running and then All.

The All tab is where you need to be to find the Google Chrome application.

Devo
Visitor

its clearly not the complete list of apps on the device, but there is no "all" option visible.

chrome is sitting there in the regular apps screen however.