Join now - be part of our community!

How to hard reset Xperia X

SOLVED
HvJ
Visitor

How to hard reset Xperia X

Hello,

I reccived an Xperia X with a password, as if someone used it already.

How do I hard reset it?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

There's no hard reset in the phone itself. What you can do is to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion which will reset the phone and the lock screen password. But if the phone is in lock down mode with Google Device Protection, you can't reset the lock by yourself. The phone needs to be sent to a service location in case you don't have access to the Google account used for lockdown. But if you don't have a receipt for the phone i recommend that you contact the person who gave you this phone. The service location will need proof of purchase to remove the lockdown.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@HvJ

You should exchange it, I'm sure you don't want a used device if you pay for a new one.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@HvJ
Where did you buy it from?
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi HvJ,

Welcome to the community,

A handset will not have a lock on it straight out of the box. Please do as @uliwooly says and take the device back to the place of purchase to advise.

HvJ
Visitor

Thank you for your answer!

Actually I work as a sales rep for a telecom operator in Sweden and I am the Sony ambassadeur in my store. I recived the phone directly from Sony in Sweden before it was released. Sony have not had the time to help me with this issue so I figured I could try the Support forum.

So my question still remain, how do I hard reset the Xperia X?

Regards

Rickard
Master

There's no hard reset in the phone itself. What you can do is to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion which will reset the phone and the lock screen password. But if the phone is in lock down mode with Google Device Protection, you can't reset the lock by yourself. The phone needs to be sent to a service location in case you don't have access to the Google account used for lockdown. But if you don't have a receipt for the phone i recommend that you contact the person who gave you this phone. The service location will need proof of purchase to remove the lockdown.