Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-HC96 LCD Screen Fault

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rainford
Visitor

DCR-HC96 LCD Screen Fault

With the camcorder switched on, when I open the LCD screen it is blank. I can see an image in the view finder. When I rotate the LCD screen 180 degrees the screen comes to life, displays the image and the touch controls.

Any ideas on what the fault is?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi rainford - it does sound like there's a broken connection there. If the LCD's faulty it'll not work at all.

You could do worse than contact Sony Support and see if a repair would be viable.

Good luck with it

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello rainford - welcome to the Sony Forums.

When you say that the screen goes blank, does it look like there is any power running to it i.e. blank but lit up white/blue or is it totally blank and powerless?

Thanks

Simon

rainford
Visitor

Simon,

The screen is blank whether the power is on or off - no signs off life. However, with the camera turned on and the LCD screen open and blank if I rotate the screen through 180 degrees the LCD screen springs to life and displays everything as normal.

I'm not sure whether the fault is with a flexible ribbon connector or the LCD screen.

Bob

Mick2011
New

Hi rainford - it does sound like there's a broken connection there. If the LCD's faulty it'll not work at all.

You could do worse than contact Sony Support and see if a repair would be viable.

Good luck with it

Cheers

Mick