Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-XR160E Playback problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Gruffa
New

HDR-XR160E Playback problem

Hi i am new to camcorders and have a problem when playing back rcordings. The picture seems to be moving as if on top of water. Is this something to do with settings ?

Tags (4)
9 REPLIES 9
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Gruffa - welcome to the Sony Forums.

Could you provide a bit more information about the problem you are having. Is this only happening when you view recordings on the built-in screen or do you see it when viewing on a TV or PC?

Thanks

Simon

Gruffa
New

Hi Simon,  Yes it happens on TV and PC when playing back recordings. I purchased this camcorder about 5 weeks ago and am a complete novice but it just doesnt seem right . Have you seen this problem before. I record in HD Standered with iAuto on and Steadyshot Active.

Regards

Gruffa

Gruffa
New

There is a piece of film on youtube showing this problem at StayCoolGoBald    Moving playback

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again.

Thank you for the sample on YouTube - you are correct it doesn't seem right with the 'underwater' effect.

As you have only had the camera for a short period of time, your safest bet would be to contact after sales support to go through a few checks with a member of Sony staff. If further action is needed, they will be able to advise and arrange it.

The contact details are in this link:

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/index.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

Thanks,

Simon

Gruffa
New

Hi Simon,  Many thanks for sticking with me, its good to know someone with camcorder knowledge agrees that it doesnt look right. I will take your advice and contact Sony. I didnt contact them first off until i found out that this should not occur. Thanks again

Best regards  Roger

P.S.  Will let you know how i get on.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hi Gruffa

Thanks for the update - hope you get this resolved soon.

Simon

Gruffa
New

Hi Simon I contacted sony customer support and the guy i contacted asked for more detail about the problem so i told him that a Film clip showing the problem was on youtube. He replied that he did not need to see the Film clip and that this is a common occurance with all HD Camcorders. Have you heard of this common occurance or know of anyone who has experienced this. I think they might be trying to fob me off.

Message was edited by: Gruffa

Message was edited by: Gruffa

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Gruffa,

Thanks for updating us.

I have highlighted your thread to some other senior forum members to see if we can get this sorted out for you.

Regards,

Simon

Gruffa
New

Hi Simon,  I have tried different forums for help with my problem but nobody seems to have seen this particular problem. So i think the advice i had from sony customer care was wrong. I contacted Amazon, the supplier of my sony camcorder and explained my problem to their customer care rep. and they said they would send a replacment out straight away and appolagised for any inconvenience it may have caused. I recieved the new camcorder three days later and tried it out straight away. No problem whatsoever with recording HD orSD. I am so relieved after paying so much for the camcorder. I would like to thank you Simon for your help and impartial advice and doing your best to help.

Many many Thanks

Gruffa:smileyhappy: