Join now - be part of our community!

Can I output audio from a BDV E370 thru a Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar instead of E370 speakers

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Roger_H

Can I output audio from a BDV E370 thru a Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar instead of E370 speakers

I've recently upgraded my TV to a Sony 55" 4k OLED. Currently I have a BDV E370 blu ray 5.1 home cinema system.

I am thinking of getting a Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar with rear wireless speakers.

Can I output the audio from the BDV E370 thru the HT-ZF9 soundbar (via HDMI cable or other method) and not have the original E370 speakers connected at all?

In other words just use the E370 as a DVD/Blu ray player only without its speakers and route the audio thru the HT-ZF9 soundbar instead.

Would appreciate if anyone knows if this is possible.

At some point I may want to replace the blu ray player with a 4k capable one (if the format doesn't die out).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Roger,

Yes, this should be possible. But you have to change the Audio Output of the BDV to "HDMI" in the settings (please refer to page 54 in the instruction manual).

Cheers

Peter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Roger,

Yes, this should be possible. But you have to change the Audio Output of the BDV to "HDMI" in the settings (please refer to page 54 in the instruction manual).

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Roger_H

Many thanks Peter.  I had looked thru the manual but must have missed that. 😊