Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
TLondoner
Visitor

BBC iPlayer

Has anyone got this going?  I have just purchased the KDL32EX503U and the iPlayer option is listed but does not work and says I need an upgrade and ensure this the TV set to update. I have checked that it is but no iPlayer to date.

Thanks

35 REPLIES 35
stevehicks
Visitor

I am in the same position.

Iplayer was fine this morning but now says "try later".

paulcockerton
Visitor

Hi

I suspect an upgrade has incorrectly configured the sony tv / bluray player.

On my bluray the BBC iplayer was working fine this morning, now the error is "the service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information".

I wonder if theres a way to roll back a software update?

No doubt Sony know about this now...

Paul

(As a note, I'm on software version m03.r.694)

slowtrain
Visitor

Same telly, same message, same version PKG4.077EUL-0108. Last time I tried iPlayer was last Sunday on this version and it worked fine. But not tonight. I did notice when I came in from work earlier that my Sky router was the accessing the internet with the TV in standby and the indicater on the router was flashing where the TV is connected to. Checked later to see if any changes had occured but nothing.

Just tried the iPlayer on PS3 and it works fine there. Message was edited by: slowtrain

bl00ray
Visitor

I have a Sony BDP-S570 blu-ray player. On the 7th October it errored on trying to start iPlayer: "the service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information."

It has been running a firmware upgrade successfully for some weeks and connecting to iPlayer fine.

Sony should know about this by now. I'm hoping a firmware upgrade soon will fix this...

Dave

profile.country.GB.title
guinnsquirrel

I too have the same problem :slight_frown:

Is there a way to hard/factory reset the TV?

DougWeymouth
Visitor

It is a problem at the BBC Iplayer end. Lots of other users with different equipment (but OK from normal PC's) have lost access to Iplayer. If you look on the BBC Iplayer Service (that's a laugh) Forum there are many frustrated  questioners but no responses from the BBC.

It has happened before with me on my Satellite Fox box and it came back after a few days with no explanations.

Having had my new Bravia for less than a week and Iplayer OK for 3 days, then nothing for over a day now, I wonder whether we are being oversold all of this technology. I'm retired now (from IT) and if I had run my IT department like the BBC and some of the manufacturers of equipment do by providing rubbish service I would have been hauled over the coals.

bobsworth
Visitor

Same problem with my KDL32EX603using a Sony dongle - normally works fine.must be a problem with iplayer.

TLondoner
Visitor

I think DOug is correct - it is a problem wiht BBC iPlayer supply.  I did notice that when it was working it was Beta.  Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

MikeLondon
Visitor

I have just set up a new  BDP-S570B blu-ray player and have the same issue. All other network items working.

pasmith2357
New

I Have the same problem what do I do. Do I Just wait and see what happens:smileysad: