Join now - be part of our community!

*** KDL-40WE663 Update Query

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

*** KDL-40WE663 Update Query

Hi, we took delivery of a "new in" KD-40WE663 TV on the 24th July 2017 and we set it up 2 or 3 days later.  The TV is set to update automatcially and, there was an update available, v8.111, so we updated the TV.

Since then, we have just been using it in our back room then, today, I was on Sony website so decided to check for updates and found, to my amazement, that there were two (2) new updates

available:

v8.136 - released 2nd August 2017

v8.138 - released 21st August 2017

As stated, "auto update" is enabled so, when I checked the current version, it was still showning v8.111, why has the TV not updated!

I then went to software updates in settings and chose 'network' and 'yes' to update but, "no newer version of system software was found"!  I tried to update several times but no updates were found!

I also checked for the TV on JL website but, although I purchased the TV from JL on 20th July 2017, that TV was not listed! 

Does any member know what's going on with our new WE663 TV model and, why are JL not listing it at the moment.  You can Google the model and find a JL link but, when you click on it, you get "page not found'!

If it's not 'in stock', it would say 'not in stock' so, what with the TV not 'auto updating' and no longer listed on the JL website, I'm beginning to think that there is an issue with the TV?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

UPDATE!

Just got off the phone to Sony Support and, after about 30 minutes trying to explain what the problem was, they are sending me a "software fix", the latest v8.138 on a USB stick, in the post.

So that's two (2) brand new Sony Models purchased since 20th July 2017and, both of them have faults on them and, the second fault, 'beep noise', on the XE7003, is still not resolved!  The issue is, apparently, being investigated by the "Higher Technical Team"

The TV's are not even a month old and yet, they both have faults!

With regards to the WE663, they say it's a 'software glitch' but, I have my doubts because, this TV is not even listed on the John Lewis website anymore!  I.e.  It's not in stock or, out of stock!  When you Google the model, a JL link comes up and when you click on it, you get "page not found"!

Why would JL remove a brand new model from their "line up"?  There must be more to it than a software glitch!

If it had been a hardware fault, I wouldnt have had it new TV repaired!  I would have taken it ack for a full refund!

profile.country.GB.title
Crowthorne
Explorer

Hi,

I had the same issue with a KDL-40WE663, where the software version was 8.111 despite trying Auotmatic and Manual updates in the gui. However, I could easily download and apply the 8.138 update easily from the instructions here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-we61x_w61xe_we66x_w66xe-series/kdl-40we663/downlo...

(Incidentally, I bought it last week from a Sony shop, so the model hasn't been removed yet.)

profile.country.CZ.title
tvarog
New

Hi guys,

I have similar issue. Our TV model is KDL-43WE755 with fw version 8.141-1000-1.082-30 (I am from Czech) and I am not able to do any update to newer version. I read the instruction that first I have to update to version 8.235 but it does not work.

a) update via internet ends every time with error message no. 4057 (I don't know what it means)

b) update via USB stick show me this error message:

"Software update is not available in TV current mode. Do you want to try again?"

I tried to restart TV, power off, factory settings. Nothing helped me. I am afraid of that some FW version between 8.141 and 8.235 has to be applied before update to 8.235. Unfortunately Sony web pages are tragical about history of software updates :-(.

I found some US guys had the same issue as me with similar TV's type. Here is link:

https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00004a8YgsSAE/i-cant-refresh-internet-content-or-updat...