Join now - be part of our community!

VAT refund

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
materau
Visitor

VAT refund

Nice to see the VAT refund scheme isn`t it..what about the poor sods who bought a new telly one week earlier,shouldn`t we have been told this offer was in the offing??I would have waited if I`d have known :angry:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi materau,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I can understand you may feel annoyed but to be honest most retailers don't normally give pre warning of running a promotion..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi materau,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I can understand you may feel annoyed but to be honest most retailers don't normally give pre warning of running a promotion..

Catmambo
Contributor

A buddy of mine bought his house just before the government changed the stamp duty threshold, cost him several thousand extra Whilst its of little consolation, unfortunately its just a fact of life...

materau
Visitor

Actually it looks like the prices for Sony products have gone up considerably since this scheme was introduced.

Currys for example were selling the telly I bought for £750 with no 5 year warranty,It`s now £1049.00(also without the warranty).I got mine for £799.00 with a five year warranty

So this VAT cash back scheme is not so much of a bargain after all .I`m actually better off without it:smileyhappy: