Join now - be part of our community!

FZ11Z - fried itself a month out of warranty

FZ11Z - fried itself a month out of warranty

has anyone else had this problem of the whole unit overheating? I was only one month out of warranty when it died or fried. I had been in touch constantly with sony and the advice and help was less than helpful. I wanted to send the unit in for repair and for their perusal to see if there was a possibility of the problem being a design fault. The figure they wanted up front was prohibitive, nothing short of daylight robbery. Needless to say I bought another unit from John Lewis who give a two year , no quibble guarantee. Marvelous. One year from the makers and two year from a reseller. I live in Edinburgh and wondered if there was anyone who lived locally who would be willing to help me source spare parts for my FZ11Z. It has blue-ray disc, one of the first models bought direct from sony. I know it needs a fan, the culprit of the overheating, sony operator said it was a software problem, I don't know if the board is gone or not. As usual there is info on the disc that I would like to recover too. Looking forward to hearing from someone who can help and thanking you in advance. newbie

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi BrendaSutherland,

hopefully someone from Sony should be in contact soon.. :wink:

Please check the registration contact details are correct (click here )..