Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-SZ1VP User Login Problem

ActionMaN
Visitor

VGN-SZ1VP User Login Problem

In windows when I "change the way user logs in" it gives me an error msg.
Windows tech support tell me its due to Sony software conflict.
Shouldnt there be an update on this to fix it >>???

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Actionman,

Are you able to make the changes in safe mode, press f8 repeatedly when starting your Vaio... :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

It would also help if you could post what changes to the user account you are trying to make and the error message you receive..

ActionMaN
Visitor

Everytime you start up windows you get a log in or a username/password entry. In my case with the fingerprint entry on my vaio.
In order to chage this I was told by Windows Tech support I needed to go into Control panel/User Accounts/User Accounts (again)/Change the way users log on/off.

But when I do I get a msg stating :

"A recently installed program has disabled the windows screen and fast user switching. To restore these features, you must uninstall the program.The following file name might help you identify the program that made the change: PSLogon.dll"

I cant for the life of me find the program and Windows tech support say its a Sony conflict problem.

HELP !

ActionMaN
Visitor

Bump

skykit84
New

Bump

I've seen this only twice. One is a google search on the DLL which brings no solutions... and the other...
well, I am almost certain I had this myself. Problem is, I reinstalled (reformatted) as it was time and so I never bothered to look into it.

Did this suddenly happen? What happens if you system restore the machine back?

IS reinstall viable or ...?

ActionMaN
Visitor

If I reinstall I lose everything.
Does anyone know how I could fix the problem apart from reinstall ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

I would guess that you need to use Protector Suite QL to make the user changes.

Trustnoone
Visitor

I have a VGN -SZ2XP.
I have the same problem.Did you find the solution? If yes please tell me the answer.
many thanks