Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet S wont load up

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mijones8376
New

Tablet S wont load up

I have had my Tablet S for 2 years now. Love it but now when I power it up it just does the swirly line load up screen and doesnt progress from that.

I have tried the reset button.

I have tried the power button reset

I have tried draining the power and redoing

But still the same

Is there a safe mode restore like a PC

Or does anyone have any other suggestions

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
mijones8376
New

Just found on another forum that if you hold volume+ button and power it goes to safe mode where you can do a factory reset.

Just done this and it seems to of fixed it .

View solution in original post

peppers_machine
Explorer

This could be a way of getting out of the problem. Try it, it worked for me today. 

Fiddle about with the power and volume + buttons whilst at the same time inserting and removing the power connector.

For me, this fiddling opened something akin to a DOS screen which had three options.

I took the first option because it seemed to be the best one but it didn't produce the required result.

I fiddled for a second time, opened the same DOS type screen and chose option three, the factory reset option.

IT WORKED!! 

Having done the basics and signing back into my Google account I found all of my files had returned. There was still a bit to do, like download apps but the tablet was pretty much back to normal quite quickly.

Hope this helps.

Tony 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mijones8376
New

Just found on another forum that if you hold volume+ button and power it goes to safe mode where you can do a factory reset.

Just done this and it seems to of fixed it .

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mijones8376,
Glad you were able to fix your problem & thanks for taking the time to post your solution, hopefully this will help others with a similar problem..
peppers_machine
Explorer

NOTE:

Volume + and Power doesn't work on mine so it's not a fix-for-all. Check the Net and you'll see boot lock-up is a huge issue with tablet S users.

There's something more fundamental to the problem which Sony need to address to pacify customers.

peppers_machine
Explorer

This could be a way of getting out of the problem. Try it, it worked for me today. 

Fiddle about with the power and volume + buttons whilst at the same time inserting and removing the power connector.

For me, this fiddling opened something akin to a DOS screen which had three options.

I took the first option because it seemed to be the best one but it didn't produce the required result.

I fiddled for a second time, opened the same DOS type screen and chose option three, the factory reset option.

IT WORKED!! 

Having done the basics and signing back into my Google account I found all of my files had returned. There was still a bit to do, like download apps but the tablet was pretty much back to normal quite quickly.

Hope this helps.

Tony