Join now - be part of our community!

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

Has anyone looked at which case if any, they would get for the S?

Looks like Sony is only doing the one, black leather (not really my colour ).  I've had a quick look around and found quite a few different makes, any thoughts?

This site has quite a few:

http://www.letstalktablets.com/best-cases-and-sleeves-for-your-sony-tablet-s/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PratishK
Visitor

@faithx I have used screen protectors for ages with touchscreen phones and finally last year and now with this tablet am not going to bother. protectors are always a hassle to put on, feel too plasticy and always reflect too much in my opinion and so now I use them "naked" but would make sure I have a good cover to protect whilst travelling. its personal preference though, but I like to use itas it was made...

View solution in original post

81 REPLIES 81
chrcoope7
Visitor

Hi,

I went into the sony shop and seen the tablet case.. ummm

Lots of money and you have to add stick strips to the back of the tablet to keep it in the case.

At that point I got a small laptop bag.

faithx

Thanks for your reply chrcoope7 :slight_smile:

That's really interesting, when I was at IFA, I don't remember actually seeing any of the Sony Tablets in cases, so didn't get to have a good look.  Having to mess about with "stick strips", I think would put me off also.  Think I'm probably going to go for a sleeve to keep it in, but suppose it's easier if it's in a case that can be just opened, like you have for the Readers.

I want to avoid buying another laptop bag, as I was hoping my tablet would be able to slip into my handbag.

See, I'm still not decided.

Faith x

faithx

After having a good look around, have decided to go for a nice colourful sleeve, which will fit nicely into my handbag :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

faithx wrote:

After having a good look around, have decided to go for a nice colourful sleeve, which will fit nicely into my handbag

Very understated Faith!!

I'm sure more accessories will become available over time - probably not quite like that one tho'!!!!!!!

:anguished:

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I saw those slip cases. I will get around to ordering one, honest! If you get some time, please let me know if it is any good (not to raise any doubts) as atleast something before I throw it into a backpack.    

Aldouk
Visitor

Please Guys .. Don't just go out and buy something that will be a compromise.

I went to the Tuff Luv outlet yesterday and they will be bringing a case out in 2-3 weeks which will be specially made for the tablet. It will open like a book and have an adjustable support to enable it to be propped up at various angles for viewing.

Here's a preview .. http://www.gearzap.com/tuff-luv-tri-axis-veggie-leather-sony-tablet-s-case-black.html

faithx

@Blencogo: can’t interest you in that one then

@Watashiwateshdes: I will indeed, I have to say, I am quite particular about accessories, I usually end up buying quite a few before I finally decide on the right one. I have numerous laptop cases, which I used for a couple of weeks, then moved on to another. It’s a girl thing, I’m the same with shoes and handbags :smileyblush:

@Aldouk: Thanks for the info, I did happen to stumble across this one yesterday. I do like the idea of the Table S being in a case that can open, ie like the Readers, and the integrated stand is quite appealing also. My only downer is that like the Sony Leather Tablet S Case, it’s black and a bit boring. Now if they decided to funk them up a bit, I could be tempted :cool:

Again, cheers for your input guys

Faith x

Aldouk
Visitor

There's also a case made by STM called the "skinny"

It's not out yet but it looks quite good and should come in other colours in addition to black.

It's also on the gearzap site.

kopite42
Visitor

I picked ip one of these from asda for about 10 quid(cheaper instore)

http://direct.asda.com/Hewlett-Packard-Mini-Blue-Sleeve/000512027,default,pd.html

It fits pretty snuggly and has pockets for other stuff.

Only using this till I can get a decent clip cover like the leather one sony do.