Join now - be part of our community!

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

Has anyone looked at which case if any, they would get for the S?

Looks like Sony is only doing the one, black leather (not really my colour ).  I've had a quick look around and found quite a few different makes, any thoughts?

This site has quite a few:

http://www.letstalktablets.com/best-cases-and-sleeves-for-your-sony-tablet-s/

81 REPLIES 81
faithx

@ Aldouk, had a quick look for the “skinny”.  I’m assuming it’s the same as the one for the ipad, but will need to be made to fit the Sony Tablet S.  If the colours are the same, I quite like the red one seen here: http://www.stmbags.com.au/catalog/bags-for-ipad/skinny-ipad2/

@ kopite42, that Hewlett Packard case is quite nice actually, but I now what you mean about having one that clips in somehow, suppose like the “skinny” which Aldouk suggested.  I’m quite nervous about using the Table without the protection of a clipped on case.

Aldouk
Visitor

The gearzap site link is below. The sides look quite well protected. Hopefully for you they will release it in the various colours but I will defo go for black.

http://www.gearzap.com/stm-skinny-sony-tablet-s-case-black.html

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It looks pretty damn good in the Sony SGPCV1! (Excuse the fingerprints).

Cover1.jpg

Cover2.jpg

Cover4.jpg

Cover3.jpg

:wink:

faithx

@ Aldouk: Thanks for the link, yes, defo need some more colours / designs, and a reasonable alternative to the SGPCV1.

@ Blencogo: Excellent, thanks for the pictures, can see it a lot clearer now.  Couple of questions for you:

1)    how stable is it in the standing position?

2)    does the front cover fold back completely on itself? 

3)    what’s with the “stick strips” that chrcoope7 mentioned earlier in the thread?

Oh, and seeing you have mentioned about figure prints, what do you guys think about the screen protector film?  Like these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110749261929?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

One of the biggest reasons I’ve been reluctant to use touch screen products in the past, is due to the screen appearing disgusting after every time you use it.

Faith x

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hiya Faith,

1). It is fairly stable in normal use but you would have to take some care as it is only held in position by the edge of the tablet fitting into the groove in the front cover.  That said, I think it is robust enough to use on a train or plane.

2). Yes, the front cover folds underneath the tablet so you can hold it as normal.

3). To ensure a solid connection to the case, you do have to stick two strips of Velcro to the back of the Tablet.  The corresponding strips are part of the case.  I was a bit worried about this at first but I am sure they could be removed with care however, you can use the Tablet out of the case without removing them.  Frankly, the case is designed for full-time use as both cameras and all connections can be used in the case - including the charger and the dock when it is released - so I doubt if I will ever take it out of the case very often.

The main downside is the cost - even for a top-of-the-range real leather fold-over case it is a bit expensive but I am glad I have bought it, it looks very classy.

I don't really like screen protectors but as the screen is not glass, I will probably buy the Sony screen protectors when they are released.

:slight_smile:

PratishK
Visitor

@faithx I have used screen protectors for ages with touchscreen phones and finally last year and now with this tablet am not going to bother. protectors are always a hassle to put on, feel too plasticy and always reflect too much in my opinion and so now I use them "naked" but would make sure I have a good cover to protect whilst travelling. its personal preference though, but I like to use itas it was made...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Blencogo wrote:

I don't really like screen protectors but as the screen is not glass, I will probably buy the Sony screen protectors when they are released.

:slight_smile:

Hi Blencogo,

the  'Sony' screen protectors were available in my local Sony Centre for ~£19.95..

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thalamus. wrote:

the  'Sony' screen protectors were available in my local Sony Centre for ~£19.95..

Thanks Thal.

I don't think Carlisle has them yet.

:thinking:

faithx

Thanks for all your contributions to the thread guys :heart_eyes:

so can we buy them online yet?

are they worth £20?

did you get one Thal?

I might try a cheap one, then if it's crap, go for the more expensive :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

are they worth £20?

Depends how careful you are with the tablet I guess is the answer to that question..

I didn't really look that closely at the screen protector to be honest, may have a look around & do a few comparisons once more hit the market..

If I do see one I like the look of I'll let you know..:smileywink:

so can we buy them online yet?

Not the Sony ones yet..

did you get one Thal?

No I haven't bought a screen protector yet..